Let’s rethink psychology.
HIPsy (High Impact Psychology) is a branch of Effective Altruism focused on how to do the most good within the field of psychology in research, practice, and business. Together with our supporters from the Global Priorities Institute, the Center for Effective Altruism, and the Happier Lives Institute, HIPsy aims to help people engaged with psychology or mental health maximize their impact.
The goal of HIPsy is to increase the likelihood of high-impact decisions, make collaboration and information processes more effective, and reduce the risk of value drift for people engaged in psychology or mental health. HIPsy will be focused on fostering resources such as networking and collaboration opportunities, up-to-date high-quality information, and career and work advice.
about concepts, research, and initiatives related to high-impact psychology.
with communities and organizations dedicated to high-impact psychology work.
to get involved with the movement, suggest resources for the site, or ask questions.
Sign up here for updates on upcoming events, advice, and materials HIPsy provides. Or, read our most recent posts below.
Let us know how we can help you!
We aim to offer the most in-demand resources, such as:
- Tailored mentoring and feedback, expert discussions, and career advice
- Events such as retreats, workshops, and meetups (in-person and online)
- Information hub of important research, interventions, organizations, and best practices
- News about funding, career, and high-impact opportunities
By filling out one or more of the following forms, you directly pre-sign up and thereby let us know what would be most valuable for you. Please choose one or more based on what is most interesting to you:
- ~ 5 min – if you have a background in psychology
- ~ 5 min – if you are interested in, working in, or adjacent to the mental health sector
- ~ 3 min – for those interested in increased impact using evidence-based psychology
If you’d like to learn more about us and HIPsy please see our EA Forum post. We also invite you to join our Slack community for HIPsy for people engaged with psychology and our Slack community for EA Mental Health.
We’d love to welcome you to our network!
- High-Impact Psychology (HIPsy): Piloting a Global NetworkClick here to view the original post on EA Forums. Impartial compassion. Rationality. Wellbeing. For a movement built on these values, EA likely underutilizes psychology professionals. Together with our supporters from the Global Priorities Institute, the Center for Effective Altruism, and the Happier Lives Institute, HIPsy aims to help people engaged with psychology or mental health […]